In my previous article “Capability-Based Planning“, I described the meta model to support the capability based planning along with the description of the core components. In the latest version of Enterprise Evolver, you are also able to generate capability roadmap to support the large business transformation initiative to align the investment. The capability roadmap is useful for many reasons such as:
- Capability Roadmap provides shared understanding of business strategies and goals
- Capability Roadmap can be used to broaden discussion from projects and applications to fulfilling Customer needs and experience with the holistic understanding in terms of people, process, data, products, services, skills and technology.
- Capability Roadmap can be used to ensure orderly development of capabilities based on identified capability dependencies or capability increments dependencies
- Capability Roadmap can be used to detect redundant capabilities delivered by multiple projects
- Capability Roadmap can be used to align technology investments with the business priorities
- Capability Roadmap can be used by IT to align technology, systems and services roadmap to business needs
- Capability Roadmap can be used to rationalize application portfolio and
- Capability Roadmap can be used for resource planning
Check out this brief video to learn more about how you can create capability roadmap for your enterprise.