- Identify goals and metrics
- Identify capabilities that will be impacted by the initiative
- Perform a comprehensive capability assessment & scores capabilities by its maturity, importance, and complexity
- Identify which capabilities require minor enhancement vs which major enhancement
- Depending upon the type of enhancement, create capability increments.
- For each capability increments, capture high-level business requirements, desired outcomes, and dependencies in other capabilities
- For each capability increment, identify resource costs, i.e. people cost, application/technology cost
- Assign a timeline to each capability increment.
Digital Business Case Development
Traditional business case development practices focus mostly on the conventional value measurement technique like NPV (Net Profit Value), however, in a digital business transformation, these techniques are not so effective. Enterprise Evolver provides a comprehensive end to end business case development process. Following are the steps: